This privacy statement was last updated on March 15th, 2019.
SenoCAD Research GmbH (“SenoCAD”) is committed to respecting your privacy and to complying with applicable data protection and privacy laws. This document explains how we collect, use and protect your information when you visit our website, and when you use our products and services. Your rights to control the use of your personal data are also explained. This Privacy Statement applies to all data that we have collected or collect related to you.
- this privacy statement states the purposes for which we process personal data;
- we limit our collection of personal data to only the personal data required for legitimate purposes;
- we request your explicit consent to process your personal data in cases requiring your consent;
- we take advanced security measures to protect your personal data and also require this from parties that process personal data on our behalf;
- we respect your right to access your personal data or have it corrected or deleted, at your request.
If you have any question about your personal data, please contact us by using our contact details below.
-2- The EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
In May 2018, a new data privacy law known as the EU General Data Protection Regulation (or the “GDPR”) went into effect. The aim of the GDPR is to protect all EU citizens from privacy and data breaches in today’s data-driven world. Please, visit https://eugdpr.org/the-regulation/ to read a presentation of GDPR.
The official PDF that presents the 99 articles of GDPR is available at:
2.1 Legal grounds for processing your Personal Data.
The legal grounds for us processing your Personal Data for the purposes set out in Section 3 will typically be because:
- you provided your consent;
- it is necessary for a contractual relationship;
- the processing is necessary for us to comply with our legal or regulatory obligations.
2.2 Your rights.
You have the following rights:
- Right to know why your personal data is needed, what will happen to it, and how long it will be retained for.
- Right to access your personal data that is known to us.
- Right to rectification, with the right to supplement or correct your personal data whenever you wish.
- Right to revoke your consent and have your personal data deleted whenever you wish.
- Right to transfer your data in its entirety to another controller.
- Right to object to the processing of your data.
-3- Personal Data That We Collect
3.1 Information you provide to us
For all Users we collect Personal Data when you voluntarily provide such information to the Services, such as when you contact us through our contact page. The Personal Data we may collect includes without limitation your name, address, email address and any other information that you choose to provide and/or that enables Users to be personally identified.
3.2 Information we automatically collect
-4- How We Process Your Personal Data
4.1 Specific Reason.
If you provide Personal Data for a certain purpose, we may use the Personal Data in connection with the purpose for which it was provided. For instance, if you contact us by e-mail, we will use the Personal Data you provide to answer your question or resolve your problem and will respond to the email address from which the contact came.
4.2 Access and Use.
If you provide Personal Data in order to obtain access to or use of the Services, we will use your Personal Data to provide you with access to or use of the Services and to analyse your use of such Services.
4.3 Internal Business Purposes.
We may use your Personal Data for internal business purposes, including without limitation, to help us improve the content and functionality of the Services, to better understand our Users, to improve the Services, to protect against, identify or address wrongdoing, and to generally manage the Services and our business.
4.4 SenoCAD Marketing.
We may use your Personal Data for our marketing and advertising purposes, including (without limitation) by email, and targeting other devices (such as tablets, and mobile devices).
-5- How We Disclose and Transfer Your Personal Data.
5.2 Business Transfers.
5.3 Service Providers.
We may share your Personal Data with our service providers who process Personal Data on behalf of SenoCAD to perform certain business-related functions. These service providers include data services providers, database service providers, backup and disaster recovery service providers, email service providers, hosting companies and others.
5.4 Legal Requirements.
We may disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law, or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to (a) comply with a legal obligation, (b) protect or defend our rights, (c) prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Services, or (d) protect against legal liability.
-6- How We Store Your Personal Data.
-7- How You Can Access, Update, Correct or Delete Your Personal Data.
You can request access to some of your Personal Data being stored by us. You can also ask us to correct, update or delete any inaccurate Personal Data that we process about them. To exercise these rights, you can contact us directly by email or at the address specified below. We will consider and respond to all requests in accordance with applicable law.
Please make sure to always clearly state who you are, so that we can be certain that we do not modify or delete any data of the wrong person.
-8- How Long we Retain Your Personal Data.
We may retain your Personal Data as long as you are registered to use the Services, or until the service is terminated. You may close your account by contacting us. However, we may retain Personal Data for an additional period as is permitted or required under applicable laws. Even if we delete your Personal Data it may persist on backup or archival media for an additional period of time for legal, tax or regulatory reasons or for legitimate and lawful business purposes.
-9- Sharing Data with Third-Party Service Providers
9.1 Sharing data with third-party Service Providers.
We do not sell your Personal Data to anyone. We only share this data with third-party Service Providers that are necessary for the performance of our services. These third-party Service Providers help us provide and support services, such as analytics, website management, and related infrastructure provision, e-mail delivery, auditing, and other similar services. It concerns the following party or parties:
9.2 Sharing data to comply with legal requirements.
We may disclose your personal data as we believe to be necessary or appropriate:
- to comply with legal process;
- to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence;
- to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may have.
9.3 Sharing data in the event of a sale or other business disposition.
Additionally, in the event of a sale or other disposition of all or any portion of SenoCAD’s business, we may transfer the Personal Data it has collected to the relevant third-party.
-11- Third-party websites
This privacy statement does not apply to third-party websites connected by links on our website. We cannot guarantee that these third-parties handle your personal data in a reliable or secure manner. We recommend you read the privacy statements of these websites prior to making use of these websites.
We are committed to the security of personal data. We take appropriate security measures to limit abuse of and unauthorised access to personal data. This ensures that only the necessary persons have access to your data, that access to the data is protected, and that our security measures are regularly reviewed.
-13- Children’s Privacy
Our Services are not directed at nor targeted to children. If you have not reached the age of majority or are not able to enter into legally binding agreements in your country, you may not use our Services unless supervised/accepted by an adult, as applicable. Our goal is to comply with applicable laws and regulations relating to collection and use of information from children as such term is defined by applicable laws. If you believe that we have received information from a child or other person protected under such laws, please notify us immediately by postal mail or to the following e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will take reasonable steps to remove that information from our databases.
-14- Amendments to this Privacy Statement
-15- Dispute Resolution
If you have a complaint about SenoCAD’s privacy practices you should write to us by email (email@example.com). We will take reasonable steps to work with you to attempt to resolve your complaint.
-16- Company Details
If you have any questions or comments, or if you want to update, delete, or change any Personal Data we hold, or you have a concern about the way in which we have handled any privacy matter, please use our contact form to send us a message. You may also contact us by postal mail to our Business Headquarters address.
Our contact details:
SenoCAD Research GmbH
Yorckstrasse 49, D-76185 Karlsruhe, Germany
Glossary of terms
- “SenoCAD”, “we”, “us”, and “our” refer to SenoCAD Research GmbH, a company governed by German law.
- “Personal Data” means any information that identifies or can be used to identify an individual directly or indirectly, including, but not limited to, first and last name, identification number, date of birth, email address, gender, occupation, or other demographic information.
- “Website” means all content included in our domain: senocad.com.
- “Services” means consulting services, cloud services, software products, and any information or support related to them.
- “Channels” means the various means by which we may collect information including our website, the Services, e-mail messages, etc.
- “Website Visitor” refers to anyone visiting our Website.
- “User” refers to the person or entity that uses our Services.
- “you” refers to Website Visitors or Users.